- Aims to be carbon neutral
- Has lots of renewable energy sources
- Has an effective citizen engagement program
Receives all of their energy from wind power/ district heating
A regional research group that focuses on providing information that could aid in economic and community development related to environmental protection
Includes well-highlighted crosswalks, small local businesses, and a central park.
- Receiving a workshop from the EPA that will help their community develop in a way without limiting economic or racial diversity.
- Receiving EPA workshops that will help them develop strategies for greening their streets and managing stormwater while improving aesthetic appeal
Developing a new more sustainable neighborhood called "Ecovillage" on previously undeveloped land
A town very similar to Granville, Columbus Wisconsin has high-efficiency LED street lighting, hybrid electric vehicles, plug in stations, and subsidies for energy and water efficiency efforts.
Changing to more efficient lighting in municipal facilities , installed a solar heater in the fire department, offering a $50 rebate for the replacement of toilets with ultra-low flush models
Has reached 90% renewable energy and attracted millions in new business opportunities.
Has green stormwater infrastructure